God I need you ...

"with God's power working in us, God can do much, much more than anything we can ask or imagine, to him be the glory "


Ephesians 3:20-21

Monday, September 6, 2010

... Breath of God ...

Dear God,

... my intention with this blog is to help me be closer to you ... what it has begun is a search through my favorite books to rediscover what inspired me in the past ... BREATH ... is a reoccurring theme ... BREATH OF GOD ...  

' Whole Prayer' by Walter Wangerin Jr. talks about ... "The keenest ears unto the Lord are those freest of worldly concerns; quiet ears, ears unhectored by the clamour of self and pride" ... " I can hear God breathing  in the night, as if we were runners side-by-side who achieve the same goal at the same time : friends."...

... help me God ... train my ears and mind to be quiet just like this writer experienced ... my selfish worldly self has such a loud voice ...

... i want to hear your breath as i am running ... when i am in bed late at night may i fall asleep to the rhythm of your breath ... and in the morning may i wake to that same calming  rhythm ... i have had brief glimpses of your breath over the years but i want to feel it all the time ... please let this be so ...

Love ya always

Teena

1 comment: