God I need you ...

"with God's power working in us, God can do much, much more than anything we can ask or imagine, to him be the glory "


Ephesians 3:20-21

Sunday, September 25, 2011

... words that awaken memories ...

Dear God, 

As you know I take a long time to read a book ... but one thing I do love, is savoring the words ...

Especially when they are words that awaken memories of my past or words that set a picture in my mind.

I am reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett ... and love this paragraph ... 


"I push open the metal door, get a cart, and put Mae Mobley up front, stick her legs through the holes. Long as I got my white uniform on, I'm  allowed to shop in this Jitney.  I miss the old days, when when you just walk out to Fortification Street and there be the farmers with they wheelbarrows calling out, "Sweet potatoes, butter beans, string beans, okra.  Fresh cream, buttermilk, yellow cheese and eggs."  But the Jitney ain't so bad.  Least they got the good air-conditioning."

there is something about a supermarket ... no matter which country or which decade we live ... 

... the urge for old ways to return ... the idea of locally grown vegetables ... grown by people you know ... and community ...

Love ya always 

Teena

...

2 comments:

  1. i also love how people write an accent ... that is so cool to me ... that i can read their accents ... now i only need to learn and practice writing with different accents in my writings ...

    ReplyDelete